⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF and multi-forecast system ensemble data

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 16:12:02 +0100

Dear Paco

Thank you for this detailed description.

I think realization is identical in purpose with ensemble_member_number, isn't
it. From this description it seems like you also want to describe the model or
its version, don't you? This will be some string, presumably. If it is the
*combination* of model identity and ensemble member which characterises the
data, perhaps this is another case for an "index" axis with these two parts of
the description as two auxiliary coordinate variables of that axis.

Maybe people who have thought about discovery metadata (not me) might have
views on this.