⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Recommendation for use of standard_name attribute

From: Rosalyn Hatcher <r.s.hatcher>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 08:55:09 +0100

Bryan,

Bryan Lawrence wrote:
> Why make explicit exceptions?

My understanding was that only data variables should have
standard_names. I think actually I was
wrong to list boundary and climatology variables as exceptions anyway,
so maybe it
would be better to say

"It is recommended that all data variables use the standard_name
attribute to describe their
content."

Regards,
Ros.