⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF and multi-forecast system ensemble data

From: Steve Hankin <Steven.C.Hankin>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 23:55:50 -0400

Hi Francisco,

This is not a recommendation, but just an "aside" note -- something to
consider. Namely, various groups in the community (e.g. the NOMADS
project at NOAA/NCDC) have quite a bit of experience with serving GRIB
files directly into OPeNDAP without the need to reformat them. This can
be done by either the "GDS" server (Grads-based) or the "TDS" server
(part of the THREDDS project at Unidata). The resulting Web access to
the data, while it does not look identical to a CF dataset, is close
enough so that many software applications can work with it. The OPeNDAP
vision of Web services is that it should not be necessary to reformat
(duplicate) your data.

    fyi - Steve