⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF Action Groups

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 17:38:07 +0100

Dear Bryan

> The attached two-page word document summarises a discussion held at
> GO-ESSP which was aimed at identifying some individuals to take some
> aspects of CF forward.

Thanks.

These discussions should be interesting. I do think it is important that they
should be conducted as far as possible in public. This has often been stressed
before, of course. Naturally people always write emails privately to clarify
things and gauge opinions, but the main business should go on in the open air.
Apart from anything else, the CF committees cannot carry out their role of
contributing to development and deciding (in the absence of consensus) if all
the discussion and reasoning have gone on behind closed doors. So I would urge
those who have helpfully volunteered to lead actions to begin by posting their
ideas and agendas to the email list or the new website when it's operative.

Cheers

Jonathan