⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard names for aerosols and chemistry

From: Roy Lowry <rkl>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 15:14:13 +0100

I'm learning that symbols except hyphen and uderscore are best avoided, so 2plus preferred to 2+.

Cheers, Roy

>>> Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory at reading.ac.uk> 10/04/06 3:09 PM >>>
Dear Christiane

Would it be correct to describe mercury_0 as atomic_mercury and mercury_2 as
mercury_2+_ion (or 2plus), and would that help clarity, do you think?

Perhaps fluxes of mercury_aerosol ought to be mercury_as_mercury_aerosol, like
your other such quantities.

On that last issue, I wonder if the phrases like ammonium_as_ammonium could be
made shorter and less puzzling as e.g. ammonium_as_such or some alternative
idea? Also, could a mass flux of
particulate_organic_carbon_as_particulate_organic_carbon_dry_aerosol
be particulate_organic_carbon_as_dry_aerosol? As I understand it, in X_as_Y
you are saying it is the mass flux of X, emitted in the form of Y.

Cheers