⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] new variable name request

From: Cathy Smith <cathy.smith>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2019 15:23:42 -0600

All

I have a new variable request; bottom temperature. It is the temperature
of the ocean floor (or the last level of a multi level ocean dataset). I
searched and was unable to find it or a variable with "bottom" or
synomyn as a level. I welcome being pointed out where I missed it.

It is an important variable for fish and aquatic populations near coasts
(or very shallow oceans).

http://glossary.ametsoc.org/wiki/Bottom_temperature

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fmars.2019.00030/full

Let me know if this request should go elsewhere.

Thanks

Cathy Smith

NOAA/ESRL PSD and CU CIRES
303-497-6263
https://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/people/cathy.smith/

Emails about data/webpages may get quicker responses from emailing
esrl.psd.data at noaa.gov