⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] New standard_name of quality_flag for corresponding quality control variables

From: Jim Biard <jbiard>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2019 10:47:15 -0400

Hi.

I agree that there is room for a means to more cleanly separate these
two categories of information, even when there may be some
redundancy/overlap between them. I have also wished for such an option.

Grace and peace,

Jim

On 7/27/19 3:12 PM, Lowry, Roy K. wrote:
> Dear Ken,
>
> Having been involved in the quite painful process of weaning out data
> quality information from the host of status flag (often misnamed
> quality flag) schemes in oceanographic legacy data I would be very
> disappointed were 'quality_flag' not to be accepted as a Standard
> Name. If nothing else it will provide best-practice guidance to
> maintain semantic purity in quality flag schemes.
>
> Cheers, Roy.
>
> I have now retired but will continue to be active through an Emeritus
> Fellowship using this e-mail address.

CICS-NC <http://www.cicsnc.org/> Visit us on
Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/cicsnc> 	*Jim Biard*
*Research Scholar*
Cooperative Institute for Climate and Satellites NC <http://cicsnc.org/>
NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information <http://ncdc.noaa.gov/>
/formerly NOAA?s National Climatic Data Center/
151 Patton Ave, Asheville, NC 28801
e: jbiard at cicsnc.org <mailto:jbiard at cicsnc.org>
o: +1 828 271 4900
/Connect with us on Facebook for climate
<https://www.facebook.com/NOAANCEIclimate> and ocean and geophysics
<https://www.facebook.com/NOAANCEIoceangeo> information, and follow us
on Twitter at _at_NOAANCEIclimate <https://twitter.com/NOAANCEIclimate> and
_at_NOAANCEIocngeo <https://twitter.com/NOAANCEIocngeo>. /