⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] question about sigma level vertical coordinate.

From: Rich Signell <rsignell>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 13:46:50 -0400

Karl,

In morphodynamic models, the currents and waves resuspend and
transport sediment, and over long time scales (or not so long time
scales, such as during hurricanes), this erosion and deposition of
sediment changes the ocean depth below geoid (or other datum). It
would indeed by useful to extend the concept of ocean depth to include
the time dimension, if present.

-Rich