⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard names for aerosols and chemistry

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 17:10:00 +0100

Dear Roy

> Surface emission is not a term used to my knowledge in the oceanographic domain. We worry about two boundaries (surface and bed) and have differing practices on flux direction (water to sediment or vice versa) depending on community. So, I tend to spell things out.
I agree with spelling things out if there is any possibility of ambiguity. It
seems like "surface emission", however, isn't going to be ambiguous if it has
no meaning other than surface to atmos. The question is whether it is clear
enough without saying "to atmosphere" explicitly.

> I also feel more than one standard vocabulary is needed for CF to cover things like cell metrics.
Could you elaborate, please? Thanks

Jonathan