⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] [cf-convention/cf-conventions] Incorporating the CF data model into the conventions (#159)

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2019 12:37:23 +0000

Dear David

I think the CF data model should be a separate document because it's
independent of netCDF, so it doesn't belong uniquely in a netCDF conventions
document. If CF was embodied in other formats, as we have often discussed
(JSON, zarr), the data model would apply equally to them as to netCDF.

I agree that the conformance document, which is specific to netCDF, could
be an appendix of the conventions document. In any case it should be in the
same repo as the conventions doc.