⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] New halocarbon standard name requests

From: Lowry, Roy K. <rkl>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2019 19:56:27 +0000

Hi Alison,

You're right about hcc140a - I'd missed that because of the hyphen in the IUPAC name trichloro-ethane. In my view the hyphen doesn't belong there (try googling trichloro-ethane) if the IUPAC standard is strictly followed - should be trichloroethane. If others agree maybe we should clean out the hyphens from the definitions in a future update?

Cheers, Roy.

I have now retired but will continue to be active through an Emeritus Fellowship using this e-mail address.