⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Addition of HFC standard names

From: David Hassell <david.hassell>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 17:08:03 +0000

Hello Dan and Roy,

The precedent seems to be for putting the IUPAC name in the description:,
e.g.

mole_fraction_of_hcfc141b_in_air

"Mole fraction" is used in the construction "mole_fraction_of_X_in_Y",
where X is a material constituent of Y. A chemical or biological species
denoted by X may be described by a single term such as "nitrogen" or a
phrase such as "nox_expressed_as_nitrogen". The chemical formula for
HCFC141b is CH3CCl2F. The IUPAC name for HCFC141b is
1,1-dichloro-1-fluoroethane.

Canonical units "1"

I don't envisage a problem with following this template for the six
proposed names.

All the best,

David