⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] New standard name for 14CO2

From: Lowry, Roy K. <rkl>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2019 10:58:24 +0000

Dear Jonathan,

Whilst I initially favoured relegating the standard to the long name, after a bit of thought and reading around I changed my mind. Whilst multiple standards may not be in use today, a number have been favoured at different times over the past 50 years. See for example

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/222399840_Future_needs_and_requirements_for_AMS_14C_standards_and_reference_materials

Consequently, I feel inclusion of the name of the standard in the Standard name is prudent.

I think I understand what the 13C normalisation is about, but I'll leave it to Katherine to explain in case I haven't got it exactly right.

Cheers, Roy.