⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Provide input on draft of STAC "Datacube" Extension

From: Ryan May <rmay>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2019 15:40:13 -0700

Ryan,

Can you enumerate some of the advances that STAC brings over the existing
THREDDS catalog spec?
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/thredds/v4.6/tds/catalog/InvCatalogSpec.html

>From what I can tell, a lot of the concepts are similar, and the existing
spec is already supported by tools beyond THREDDS, like Hyrax and ERDDAP. I
think JSON is great and all, but I'm curious what adding a new standard
brings us rather than extending an existing, already-supported standard?

Ryan