⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Turning off gitHub!!!!

From: Chris Barker <chris.barker>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2018 14:51:54 -0800

Apparently the gitHub mirroring is really driving folks crazy -- we really
need to turn it off until it's done properly.

Action #1:

Who knows the password of the cf-metadata-list gitHub user???

https://github.com/cf-metadata-list

That person can go log into gitHub as that user, and stop watching the
Issue at hand -- I'm not anyone else can easily do that.

Action #2

Maybe turn off the list that's hooked up to gitHub? That would stopp all
this 'till we figure it out.

Action #3

post here, VERY CLEARLY, how folks can opt out of the gitHub mirroring list.

NOTE to CASUAL USERS:

I *think* the reason you all are having trouble opting out is that there
are TWP cf-metadata lists:

One is the usual one, hosted by ucar:

The other is hosted by llnl, and handles the gitHub (and TRAC??) email. I
*think* everyone that subscribed to the regular list gets aauto-subscribed
to the other list. here's a bit of info on that:

The discussions carried out on the Trac site (and now gitHub) are sent to
subscribers of this list via messages from the majordomo list,
cf-metadata at lists.llnl.gov. You will automatically be subscribed to that
list. To unsubscribe, without unsubscribing from this list, send a message
to "majordomo at lists.llnl.gov" with "unsubscribe cf-metadata" in the body of
your message.

-CHB
--