⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Platform Heave

From: Nan Galbraith <ngalbraith>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 10:53:58 -0400

I agree completely. Thanks to all for keeping at it with this topic.

  * platform_roll_starboard_down
  * platform_yaw_fore_starboard
  * platform_pitch_fore_up
  * platform_surge_fore
  * platform_sway _port
  * platform_heave_up

There was some concern expressed about using port and starboard, because
satellite folks don't normally use those terms. I was unable to figure
out exactly
who raised this point, the thread is long and sometimes my mail client
makes the
sender of each message a little obscure.

I'm assuming even satellites have a 'front' - ADCPs don't, really,
except by some
obscure convention set by the vendors - so presumably people will be
able to figure
out which side is which, and these terms will be OK.

- Nan

On 9/7/18 4:07 AM, Lowry, Roy K. wrote:

> Good point,
>

> So you'd prefer platform_roll_starboard_down and so on?
>

> Cheers, Roy.

* Nan Galbraith        Information Systems Specialist *
* Upper Ocean Processes Group            Mail Stop 29 *
* Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution                *
* Woods Hole, MA 02543                 (508) 289-2444 *