⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Proposed acoustic standard names

From: Roy Lowry <rkl>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 13:38:22 +0100

Michael,

I worry about 'mass_concentration_of_oxygen_in_sea_water: kg m-3' as we allready have 'moles_of_oxygen_per_unit_mass_in_sea_water' which is effectively the same thing, but in different units. If we start setting up standard names for each chemical species for the various combinations of moles/mass/per litre/per kilogram, we are likely to be overwhelmed.

Cheers, Roy.

>>> "Godin, Michael" <Godin at mbari.org> 7/25/2006 9:14 pm >>>
In addition to the acoustic names below, I'd like to propose two more acoustic variable names, and one non-acoustic variable name:

spectral_noise_level_in_air: dB : decibels referenced to a sound pressure of 2x10-5 Pa divided by the square root of frequency in Hz.
spectral_noise_level_in_water: dB : decibels referenced to a sound pressure of 1x10-6 Pa divided by the square root of frequency in Hz.

mass_concentration_of_oxygen_in_sea_water: kg m-3 : Mass of dissolved oxygen per unit volume sea water.

Mike