⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] proposed new vertical coordinate

From: Brian Eaton <eaton>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 08:41:05 -0700

Hi Jonathan,

Using the standard_name to connect the quantity to the definition of a
dimensionless vertical coordinate has the side effect (via the
formula_terms attribute) of indicating the name of the variable that
contains the reference pressure. That's a necessary part of converting the
dimensionless coordinate to a dimensional one. You wouldn't get that by
simply using a standard_name to (partially) describe the quantity.

Brian