⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] accessory parameters

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 21:12:47 +0000

Dear Nan

> Is there a recommentdation for naming secondary parameters,
> for example the water temperature returned by an oxygen sensor?

I don't recall a discussion previously about this.

> It would be a mistake to call this sea_water_temperature
> and risk having it used as a valid temp.

Why would it be a mistake? Is it not a correct temperature? In general I
suppose distinctions about how a quantity is measured ought to be made by
other attributes than the standard name. We could do more work on this.

> By the way, it would be really useful if there *were* a
> search on the email archive, or even a web page concatenating
> it all

The archive page for the email list
http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/pipermail/cf-metadata/
does allow you to download each year separately as a plain text file.