⇐ ⇒

Fwd: [CF-metadata] proposals for new standard names for soil and vegetation parameters

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 15:42:08 +0000

Dear Beat

> soil_suction_at_saturation; Saturation soil suction; m
I am not sufficiently expert to define this. Could you please supply a
definition of soil suction?

> soil_hydraulic_conductivity_at_saturation; Saturation hydraulic
> conductivity; m s-1
OK.

> soil_texture; fraction of sand, clay and silt; 1
We have recently added a string-valued quantity soil_type to identify types
such as you list. It looks as if you would like to specify some parameter as
a function of soil type. Is it the mass fraction of the soil?

> stomatal resistance depends on vegetation type, it is not clear to me, how
> to include min and max into standard name:
> stomatal_resistance; Maximum stomatal resistance; s m-1
> stomatal_resistance; Minimum stomatal resistance; s m-1
I suppose this could be indicated by cell_methods "vegetation_type: maximum".
We have not got standard names for stomatal resistance and vegetation type.
Are you proposing these?

Cheers

Jonathan