⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] transport across line

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 19:13:52 +0100

Dear Ag

For many purposes of intercomparison of data from different sources, it doesn't
matter exactly which line is used. For instance, various models might all
derive sea ice transport across Fram Strait in different ways, but the point
of labelling them with the same metadata is precisely because they are
intended to be compared. Hence defining the line (or region) is not essential.
There might be some computations which could make use of that information, of
course, so we could define a convention for it if someone requires it. I guess
supplying a polyline could be done as a kind of extension to the convention
for bounds.

Cheers

Jonathan