⇐ ⇒

Fwd: Re: [CF-metadata] stations and trajectories

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 12:03:08 +0100

Dear John

> >I don't think we can arrange unique station names unless we define or point
> >to a list of them somehow. Should we do this?
> >
> My solution would just be to tell the writer that the names must be
> unique, not to specify what they are.

That is certainly something for the data-writer to decide. It seems like it
would be the subject for some local convention in a particular project, if
the station names were going to be used as unique identifiers. In general
auxiliary coordinate variables can have repeated values, unlike (unidata
standard) coordinate variables.

Cheers

Jonathan