⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] propsed new due_to_process

From: Kettleborough, JA <J.A.Kettleborough>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 14:13:27 +0100

Jonathan,

to answer your questions fully I'm going to have to go and track down the people who wrote the sulphur cycle code. (this could take a while - so these additions can go on hold).

But I think the following are right:
(1) the mass flux is upwards (into the atmosphere).
(2) the emission flux that isn't at the surface represents emission from tall stacks (they go in at one of the lower model levels)

(you could also clearly have emissions from aircraft at higher levels, emissions from volcanic erruptions that are parametrised as entering at higher levels - though neither of those are what I was worried about in my list).

I'll try and find out more.

Jamie