⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] proposed UTM projection

From: Rich Signell <rsignell>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 12:17:57 -0500

John & Co.,

Why do we need a new projection for UTM?

UTM is just one type of Transverse Mercator that is completely specified
by the map parameters we already have, right?

 From the "Grid Mappings" section of CF 1.0:

grid_mapping_name = transverse_mercator

Map parameters:

     * scale_factor_at_central_meridian
     * longitude_of_central_meridian
     * latitude_of_projection_origin
     * false_easting
     * false_northing

So people using UTM just specify the appropriate Transvere Mercator map
parameters for their zone, don't they?

-Rich