⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] subgrid variation

From: Brian Eaton <eaton>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 13:51:06 -0700

Hi Jonathan,

I'm in favor of this well thought out proposal. It certainly clarifies some
of the ambiguity in the current scheme. I have a couple of suggestions:

1. I think the cell_methods values should be single tokens with blank spaces
   replaced by underscores, e.g., mean_over_sea instead of "mean over sea".

2. It may be convenient to use the same qualifiers as are used in the
   standard names. So replace over_TYPE by where_TYPE.

3. It may be convenient to allow a generic qualifier like "where_defined"
   which could be used in most (all?) instances instead of the more
   specific versions "where_TYPE".

Brian