⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Variables vs Attributes

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 17:23:21 +0000

Dear Nan

I'm not sure I've fully understood this, but I think you're saying that the
platform_identifier variable is providing global information for the file.
In CF, one of the global attributes could be used (2.6.2), perhaps source, but
CF doesn't standardise the format of these. You could adopt your own
convenient for it. Alternatively, the data variables could individually be
supplied with location information in scalar coordinate variables - however,
those again would be variables rather than attributes.

Cheers

Jonathan