⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] proposal for standard names related to ice sheet models

From: Magnus Hagdorn <Magnus.Hagdorn>
Date: 20 Oct 2004 15:13:11 +0100

Dear all,
I would like to propose a set of standard names relevant to ice sheet
models. I would like to propose the following variables for inclusion to
the CF standard:
* bedrock_altitude
* bedrock_altitude_change_due_to_isostatic_adjustment
* equilibrium_line_altitude
* global_average_sea_level_change
* land_ice_basal_melt_rate
* land_ice_basal_x_velocity
* land_ice_basal_y_velocity
* land_ice_calving_rate
* land_ice_sigma_coordinate
* land_ice_surface_specific_mass_balance
* land_ice_temperature
* land_ice_thickness
* land_ice_vertical_mean_x_velocity
* land_ice_vertical_mean_y_velocity
* land_ice_x_velocity
* land_ice_y_velocity
* land_ice_z_velocity
* tendency_of_bedrock_altitude
* tendency_of_land_ice_thickness

This list is also available online[1] on my webpage and includes
somewhat more verbose descriptions of the variables.

Regards,
magnus

PS: The CF website seems to be currently unavailable.

[1] http://www.glg.ed.ac.uk/~mhagdorn/ISMstandard/ISMstandard.html

--
Magnus Hagdorn
School of GeoSciences