⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] omega

From: Karl Taylor <taylor13>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 09:42:37 -0800

Dear Jonathan,

I'd like to stick with my original vote which was Lagrangian tendency of
air pressure, but what are we going to call sigma-dot? If we end up
calling it the "vertical velocity in sigma coordinates", then perhaps it
would be more consistent to call omega the vertical velocity in pressure
coordinates. Maybe someone has a better idea.

Karl