⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Array Subscript Convention

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 17:03:04 +0000

Dear All

> I think this is best handled by adding standard names since the issue is
> how to describe a quantity. I propose adding the standard names
> index_start_0, and index_start_1.

I certainly agree this is a possible approach, but if we could adopt a
universal convention it might be simpler. If you write a program to store
indices in a data variable, you have the choice of numbering from 0 or 1;
this choice is independent of whether the program itself is in C or Fortran,
I should imagine.

Cheers

Jonathan