⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] No help Definition of dew point temperature in standard names list

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 18:00:52 +0000

Dear Chuck

----- Forwarded message from Chuck Hakkarinen <chakkarinen at comcast.net> -----
> Could the committee add some help words on "dew point temperature" (as well
as "dew point depression" to the standard name list?

I have written some words which will be included soon. Note that we say in
the CF standard

"The description is meant to clarify the qualifiers of the fundamental
quantities such as which surface a quantity is defined on or what the flux
sign conventions are. We don't attempt to provide precise definitions of
fundumental physical quantities (e.g., temperature) which may be found in the
literature."

Hence quite a lot of them don't have help. However, this is a community effort
and if anyone wants to supply appropriate definitions to be included, they are
welcome. If doing this, please note that the way it works is that the help
text is triggered by the occurrence of particular phrases (regular expressions)
in the standard name, combinations of phrases, or absence of phrases.