⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] bounds

From: Bob Drach <drach>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 18:19:28 -0700

Jonathan,

I agree with this completely. It's more precise and complete than the current
draft.

One comment on terminology: it might be better to avoid the term '2D rectilinear'
in the CF document, as I have seen the terms rectilinear / non-rectilinear used in
several ways. The current draft uses the term, stating that in addition to COARDS,
CF provides ' the spatial coordinates of non-rectilinear gridded data', implying
that rectilinear refers to the COARDS case alone. This is also the sense that we
use it in-house, reserving the term 'curvilinear' for your '2D rectilinear' case.

Brian, can we finalize this issue?

--Bob