⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] move to release CF?

From: Bob Drach <drach>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 10:24:02 -0700

All,

This is a follow-up to Jonathan's recent proposal to wrap up the issue
of bounds representation. I believe the only change to the current CF
draft is (in Jonathan's words):

(4) In the 2D rectilinear case, the bounds should be dimensioned
(y,x,2,2),
where the 3rd index corresponds to y and the 4th to x. (This is a
change from
the current CF standard.) This case is indicated by their being two
trailing
dimensions of size 2. Contiguousness should be checked on the bounds of
the 1D
coordinate variables rather than the 2D auxiliary coordinate variables.
As a
consequence of the ordering of the 1D bounds, the 2D vertices are
ordered in a
"zigzag" - an N or a Z or their mirror images.

This strikes me as a reasonable representation. Given the lack of recent
comment on the issue, it appears there are no *strenuous* objections
forthcoming. I would suggest that this change be made to the current
draft, and that we move to release a non-beta version of CF.

--Bob