⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Encoding Errors on variables in CF

From: Stephens, A <A.Stephens>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 10:00:21 -0000

Dear Jonathan, Bryan,

I think Jonathan is right that we really need to start with some real-world
examples. I will look at some of our datasets for errors/uncertainties (when
I have a few moments) and raise the issue again. Off the top of my head we
had a user last year asking for error data for some of our ECMWF datasets.
It appeared that in some cases an error was quoted as one number for an
entire global 3-D dataset whereas the other extreme is that a specific error
is given for every single data point (as in some instruments).

As I say, I'll come back with some examples. And if anyone else is listening
in to this conversation then please give us some examples of how you record
uncertainty on your datasets.

Ag