⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Future development of CF

From: Jonathan Gregory <jonathan.gregory>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 19:55:26 +0000

One further point. I don't think we should try to limit the scope of the
standard at this point. In the abstract it says
"This standard is intended for use with climate and forecast data, for
atmosphere, surface and ocean, and was designed with model-generated data
particularly in mind."
This is rather general. We could consider removing the last part. It is true,
but any observed data which could be compared with such model-generated data
probably ought to be describable also by CF.

We can wait to see what potential users there are before deciding whether CF
can be developed to meet their needs.

Jonathan