⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Re: grid mappings

From: Steve Hankin <hankin>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 15:27:45 -0800

Jonathan,

Would you mind sending out a cleaned up summary of where the grid mapping standard
stands now? Sorry for suggesting nuisance work, but I'm sure it will prove
worthwhile. CF has taken on an importance in the community that makes it vital to
ensure that the logic of discussions can be retraced and discussed later. CF is a
case-in-point of the type of standards evolution we need to be promoting: fewer
standards, but standards that are broader and more interoperable. That's what is
needed to fuse together the communities that currently don't exchange data well.
The challenge of promoting that evolution is that decisions need to be exposed and
discussed within broader communities -- i.e a better public review process.

    thanks - steve