⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Re: projections in CF

From: Karl E.Taylor <taylor13>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 16:07:52 -0800

Hi CF geeks (consider this a term of endearment from a fellow CF'er),

It looks like this one might come down to a vote. To prepare for
such a contingency, I've just reviewed the recent emails and arguments
about the various approaches. I really do think that either the most
recent proposal of Jonathan's, or Brian's alternative of Feb. 11 (stemming
from Russ and John's suggestion) would be o.k. I'm leaning
toward favoring Brian's approach, but I'm a little concerned about
the proliferation of attributes because this may make it more difficult
for new users to get started in learning CF (e.g., the length of
Appendix A could grow considerably if enough different projections
were defined).

I do think we should hear Jonathan out, so I don't think we should vote
yet.

Note to Brian: I noticed that "grid_mapping" has yet to be included in
 Appendix 1 of the documentation.

cheers,
Karl