⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] grid_mapping

From: Jonathan Gregory <jonathan.gregory>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 08:48:18 +0100

> I guess the idea was to define a general attribute
> grid_mapping="gridding_method grid_parameter1: value1 grid_parameter2:
> value2 .... grid_parametern: valuen"
> where the number and names of the grid_parameters are depending on the
> gridding_method.
> Thus the experts on the grids you mentioned may define the names for the
> grid_method and the parameters for their grids, and propose this to the CF
> group to become an official part of the CF conventions.

I agree with what Burkhardt writes above. If/when someone has time, we should
look through what software and standards may already exist for the definition
of parameters for various other mappings, rather than making up our own
keywords. For the moment, we can define just this one (rotated pole), since
there is evidently a need for it already. As Brian has suggested, if we
subsequently find an alternative standard way of defining this particular
mapping, we could support that as well.

Cheers

Jonathan