⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] projections/default cell_methods

From: Brian Eaton <eaton>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 07:49:53 -0600 (MDT)

Hi Jonathan,

> However, maybe in the particular case of the rotated pole, we could decide
> now that what we have just developed is OK. To make that decision now would
> help Burkhardt write his data, I imagine. Rotated pole is also the only
> mapping that we use in the Hadley Centre models, so it would help us too.
> Shall we do that?

I guess the only reason for holding off would be to determine whether there
is an existing set of keywords that we might want to use. On the other
hand, if that circumstance arises we could always accept both the new and
the old keywords for the rotated pole grid. So it's fine with me to move
ahead with this.

I propose we add a section 6.3 "Grid transformations". Section 6 seems
like the right place since this is optional coordinate metadata.

grid_latitude and grid_longitude are good names.

I'll try to write this up in the next few weeks, but can't promise anything
before July.

Brian