2021-02-10 CF Governance Panel meeting
Karl, Bryan, Jonathan, Daniel, Ethan
- 2021 CF Workshop
- Review notes/actions from last meeting, 12 May 2020
- 2021 CF Workshop - organizing committee?
- New members for CF Committees
- Thoughts on GitHub process?
- Standard Names process seems to be going well.
- Still some work to do on GitHub process. Progress seems to have slowed.
- Community health files (all three repos): CONTRIBUTING.md, SUPPORT.md, etc.
- Should we (committees) try to increase engagement? How?
- GitHub now has “Discussion” functionality
CF Workshop - organizing committee - same folks is OK, ask for volunteers on Discussion
- Ethan will ping Allison & David to invite volunteers. Daniel is also willing to participate, giving 4 potential initial members. Chair of the organising committee is TBD, and could be appointed by committee.
CF Committee membership
- Discussed possible nominations
- Also can ask for nominations?
- Ethan will ask for nominations (self nomination is fine) in new CF Discuss issue
CF Gov Panel
- Discussed possible new members
- Ethan will ask Ocean sensing and Hydrology folks
- We’ll discuss a candidate list via email and aim for one or two invitations …
GitHub process, community engagement
- Some issues are just complicated and people get worn out
- Interoperability Experiments: need real use cases
- Who has an issue that this will solve
- Virtual Hackathons? Needs to be well organized
- Regular community virtual meeting to discuss open issues, etc.
- Announce the intent, ask for topics
Review previous action items
New Action items